Monday, October 13, 2014

(S)cool Bussin' through Lux

After such a long week for my Paris and Spain trip, my weekend to stay in Luxembourg could not have been better-scheduled. It was incredibly refreshing to not have to rush onto a train right after class ended on Friday. Instead, I spent an absurd amount of time in my room at home, specifically laying in bed. It was a very lazy weekend, but it was also very much needed and appreciated.

On Friday, I was able to go out with some friends before splitting up to go to go to a cool dinner. Due to a mistake made by the waiter, we got some free wine with our meal. On Saturday, we were to take a party bus around the City and do a brewery tour of Bofferding, which was all planned by an awesome host dad named Norby. Anyway, back to Friday: Norby happened to be at the same restaurant as us, and realized a mistake made by the waiter, thus getting us the free wine. By the time we got back to meet up with our friends, most had left, so we decided to go home.

Saturday, I spent most of my day in bed again. I had to get ready to hop on the "Cool Bus" at 5:30. I even wore a what t-shirt that I wrote "COOL BUS" on with Sharpie.


I met with my friends, and we hopped on the bus. After 5 seconds of being on the bus, the driver slammed the breaks, and people's beer spilled all over them. The first song, picked by Norby, was "Hot Ni**a," a new song that I would have never EVER imagined Norby to have known. The first 2 minutes served as a perfect foreshadowing of the rest of the night.



We stopped, after a while, at the Bofferding Brewery to take our tour. But after waiting for a while, we realize it was closed and we didn't have a booking. But we didn't care, because we could just get right back on the Cool Bus. I deemed myself the new DJ for the bus, setting up in the back.



My music had the people hyped because I had all the jams, and Lily and I were great at picking the best ones. The night got so fun, but people weren't able to control themselves. I got thrown up on--not gonna say by whom--but yeah. So at about 11:00 the night started to get messy.


About an hour later, we all left the bus to go to the bars. We wanted to go to a '90's-themed bar, but The Fray were actually playing there that night, and we didn't have tickets, so we had to find another spot. After realizing it was almost 12:30, I thought it was time to head home, so I headed home.

I woke up on Sunday, and was questioned by several friends about what happened that night. I told them about everything that happened, and they told me about everything they were missing. On friends was missing her purse and phone. One lost a wallet and sweater. One lost her phone. one lost his phone and jacket. I was happy to be in my position.

We got to school today, and tons of people missed their first class because of the crazy weekend. Teachers even asked if there was a big trip to a city that was far away that caused everyone to be so tired, and my one friend replied semi-sarcastically under his breath, "Yeah. Lux City." 51/117.


No comments:

Post a Comment